1. The structure of the Democratic Party of the State of Mississippi shall consist of an Executive Committee from each County and Congressional District and a State Executive Committee chosen by delegates duly elected at each such level.
2. In January 1980, and every four years thereafter, precinct caucuses shall be held for the purpose of electing delegates and alternates duly apportioned to represent such precincts at a County Convention.
3. County Conventions shall be held in February 1980, and every four years thereafter for the purpose of electing delegates and alternates duly apportioned to a Congressional District Convention and State Convention, and to elect a County Executive Committee to serve for four years, to adopt or amend County Party rules, adopt resolutions and conduct such other business as may come before it.
4. Congressional District Conventions shall be held in February 1980, and every four years thereafter to elect a Congressional District Executive Committee to serve for four years, to select delegates and alternates to the Democratic National Convention as hereinafter provided and to adopt resolutions and conduct such other business as may come before it.
5. A State Convention shall be held in March, 1980, and every four years thereafter at a time and place to be designated by the State Executive Committee to select delegates and alternates to the Democratic national Convention as hereinafter provided, to select National Committee men and women as designated by the Democratic National Presidential Electors, to adopt a platform, to promulgate principles and Party rules, and take such further action deemed proper by the Convention. The Convention may adjourn from day to day or to such time and place or times and places as it may proper and desirable. Delegates to the State Convention shall be duly apportioned by County, and selected by duly apportioned County delegate conventions to be held in each County. County delegates and their alternates shall be certified to the Secretary of the State Executive Committee and a roll call at the State Convention of the county delegates and alternates, and no other shall participate or vote in the State Convention except County delegates or alternates so certified.
6. At least thirty days before the convening of the precinct caucuses, the State Executive Committee shall issue a convention call for the selection of delegates to the aforesaid precinct, county, Congressional District and State conventions in accordance with the Party’s delegate selection plan and shall announce the specific times and places for said Conventions, along with the rules of procedure for the conduct of said Conventions.
7. Each participant in any precinct, county, District or other Party Convention before being allowed to vote or otherwise participate, shall sign the following statement of principles: “I, ________________, hereby declare that I am a member of the Democratic Party of the State of Mississippi and am not affiliated with any such other political Party.”
8. The time and place for al public meetings of the Democratic Party of the State of Mississippi and all units thereof shall be publicized fully and in such manner as to assure timely notice to all interested persons. Such meetings shall be held in places accessible to all Party members and large enough to accommodate all interested persons.
9. The Democratic Party of the State of Mississippi and all units thereof shall publicize fully and in such manner as to assure notice to all interested parties a complete description of the legal and practical qualifications of all officers and representatives of the Democratic Party of the State of Mississippi. Such publications shall be done in timely fashion so that all prospective candidates or applicants for any elected or appointed position within the Party will have full and adequate opportunity to compete for office.